SAFurs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

being a furry

+2
Skandian
Zero
6 posters

Go down

being a furry Empty being a furry

Post by Zero Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 pm

okay so when i figured out i was a furry which was very recently, i had a hard time explaining to a family member about it so i found a short doco on youtube about them which KIND OF covers it. what do you think about furry tolerance? how did your family or friends react to your furry side?
just a little curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbcnHx-BM2M <link to short film it interviews three fursuiters in the U.S.A
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

being a furry Empty Re: being a furry

Post by Skandian Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 am

That was a really good watch!

I also rather like: http://www.buzzfeed.com/candacelowry/revealing-misconceptions-about-the-furry-fandom and http://www.whatisfurry.org/
Skandian
Skandian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:01 am

the first ting that came to my friend's mind was "its a fetish thing" so i had to set him straight. these are good sites Smile
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Skandian Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:19 am

Usually seems to be the case, sadly.
Glad you set him straight Razz
Skandian
Skandian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:59 am

no it seems whenever i tell my brother in law the way it really is he just wants to make me angry.
a form of brotherly teasing i guess Rolling Eyes 
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena HK Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:05 pm

It doesn't impact my personal life much, since I'm not exactly the most actively furry of people. To be honest with you, I don't see why people make such a huge fuss about it. If it's a lifestyle choice, great! It's nobody's place to say that you're wrong for it. If it's a sexual choice - because let's face it, there are some cases where it is - then it's not anyone's business what you do behind closed doors and you aren't exactly parading about a fetish by existing. Stereotyping is bad, mmkay?

Anyways, on to your latter question - There is an entire encyclopaedia of things about me my immediate family doesn't know. This is one of those things, because I see no reason to bring it up; it's never important.

As for friends, most are aware. And they don't really care; ultimately I'm the same persona either way and nothing's changed. Applying a label to something doesn't change its intrinsic properties, it just adds a label. Everything's already there, it's just figuring out how you want to describe it.

That's my two cents. Take care, 'Red'. :p

Selena HK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarskulls Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 pm

honestly, i've been a furry for a while now and like... i've  never actually been clear enough myself about a furry is to my family and really only my mum knows. i say fursuiters instead of furries to my mum because i saw her facebook wall by accident and it had an anti furry post saying that all we furries do is onion eachother in our fursuits which is wrong and if she thought i did that she'd be pretty worried. i hope your family understands man :'/
Sugarskulls
Sugarskulls

http://sugarskuiis.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lupus01 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:11 am

I haven't told anyone. I've faced prejudice first hand over my political and religious views so I've gotten into the habit of not volunteering information. If it were to come up in conversation and I felt that the person could handle it then I would reveal.

lupus01

Back to top Go down

Post by SangyBuns Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 am

Family?

Eeeeyeah my bro's first thoughts were 'bestiality' or 'fetish' XD

I just love the cute suits and the fun wearing them and becomming a totally different person.

For all those that have seen I LOVE TO STALK RANDOM STRANGERS AND SCARE THEM Very Happy

As for documentaries, there is no set thing. Being a furry means different things to different people. There are no set ideas because everyone really has different ideas.

You even have other types of furries; scalies, otherkin, etc. Technically Bronies are a sub group coz they like talking animals, which still counts as anthropomorphism ^_^
SangyBuns
SangyBuns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum